The Island of Locrum is a short ferry ride from the old town of Dubrovnik. The monastery and church built on the island by the Benedictines was abolished in 1798 and it was bought by the Habsburgs in 1859 to use as a summer residence. Today, Lokrum is a special reserve of forest vegetation and the beaches are popular with residents and tourists alike. It was lovely to be in the midst of cool greenery after so much time spent in towns and cities.
Dubrovnik – A day trip to Lokrum
Leave a reply